Workshop Foreman / Manager
We recognise our Workshop Foreman / Manager position as pivotal to ensure a first class customer service. Essential you will be responsible for managing the highly effective day to day service workshop operations of Gaelic Plant Hire and ELEV8 Platform Hire to include vehicles, plant & access equipment.
Newly created position due to expansion & funding. Opportunity to fast track your career within our energetic, customer orientated & progressive organisation.
Based in Wicklow off the M11 – Exit 18, we operate a modern & relatively new fleet of plant & access equipment from a range of leading manufacturers & brands.
This role is a Full Time role.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities (Duties)
- Manage the servicing division for both plant hire & access divisions to include of plant such as excavators, dozers, dumpers, teleporters, rollers & a full range of access equipment in addition to carrying out preventative maintenance both within the workshop and on site.
- Devise daily work flows and assign to staff based on efficiencies & business needs
- Ensuring efficient & accurate day to day operations
- Responsible for the effective use of the service application & reporting on same
- Lead & manage all personnel, undertake staff meetings, 1:1’s, workshops, brain storming sessions & up to date trainings
- Liaise with intercompany departments to include sales, logistics, finance & board
- Mentoring and providing technical support to workshop team
- Minimising associated workshop costs and maximising efficiency
- Responsibility for & adherence to Health and Safety regulations and policies
- Implementation and responsible compliance of company policies
- Undertake associated administration duties & complete all relevant paperwork, provide management team with monthly updates
- Comply with budgets and maintain/exceed targets
- Personify the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Associated duties as and when required.
Essential Qualifications / Experience
- Full driving licence
- City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 in plant maintenance or equivalent
- Experience in the plant hire industry
- Team supervisory, leading, coaching & motivational skills
- Up to date Health and Safety knowledge
- Good organisational skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstration of leadership in high standards of Health & Safety
- IT Literate – Ability to use service apps – training provided
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
- Effective use of time management, leadership and delegation
- Experience in diagnosing faults and repairing heavy construction plant and equipment
- Advocate of real & up to date technology.
- Innovative, progressive & open minded thinker with a methodical approach to problem solving
- Heavy Plant & Machinery Hire
- Construction Plant
- Plant Hire
- Power Generation
- Tool Hire